ColoradoGives.org is 100% FREE for nonprofits to join and use year-round.
In additional to the robust out-of-the box functionality offered for FREE, ColoradoGives.org offers two optional subscription plans for additional functionality for nonprofit organizations:
- The Custom Embeddable Donation Form is available ONLY to nonprofits on ColoradoGives.org for $19/month. All donations made through the form will process through ColoradoGives.org using our low fee structure. To learn more about this donation form for your website, click here.
- The Advanced Plan for $69/month provides organizations the ability to utilize more comprehensive tools and features in addition to the included Customized Embeddable Donation Form. You can learn more about the plans here.
Donation Transaction Fees
Donors who give through ColoradoGives.org pay one fee. That fee is 3.99% and includes processing and platform fees. When donors do not cover the fee, only the 2.05% payment processing is withheld from the donation.
Organizations have two donation processing fee options available to them.
Option 1: Allow donors to cover fees (recommended)
Donors will be asked to cover an optional 3.99% per transaction fee to include all platform and payment processing fees. However, your organization will never pay more than 2.05% for processing the funds you raise.
Here's How It Works:
- Donors will be asked whether they would like to cover a transaction fee of 3.99% per transaction.
- If a donor chooses not to cover the transaction fee, your organization will never pay more than 2.05% per transaction to help cover the payment processing fees.
- So, if all of your donors choose to cover this fee, your organization will pay nothing.
- If none or some of your donors choose to cover this fee, you will be credited prior to your disbursement such that none of your aggregate transactions have a fee over 2.05% per transaction.
- Here's an example if you have a mix of uncovered and covered donations:
Example: If you received 10 donations for $10 each during the disbursement period and donors covered the fees for only 4 donations, your total uncovered fees deduction would be $1.23 (2.05% for 6 transactions).
Option 2: Subtract fees from disbursements:
If you would not like donors to be able to cover transactions fees, choose "Subtract fees from disbursements."
No checkbox option to cover the fee will be shown and the 2.05% fee will be subtracted from the donor's contribution after they complete their transaction. That is, your nonprofit will pay 2.05% all the time for every transaction.
If you have any questions about our pricing on ColoradoGives.org, please reach out here.