When your organization receives donations through ColoradoGives.org, they come to you as a disbursement from Colorado Gives Foundation. Disbursements are made within 15 business days after the last day of each month.
The exception are Colorado Gives Day donations, which are disbursed separately by the end of December. For example, nonprofits receive a disbursement around the middle of February for all donations received in January.
Donations Made on or before Aug 31, 2022
For any donations made on or before August 31, 2022 you will see two dollar amount columns in your Nonprofit Donation Report - Amount and Net Amount.
- The Amount field is the amount a donor entered as their original donation amount.
- The Net Amount shows the dollar amount the donor was charged.
You will see a difference in these two fields when the donor covers the fee.
You will also see a negative amount appear in the Net Amount column. These are the total fees for the month or gives day disbursement that were withheld from your distribution. To see the total disbursement amount, you can simply sum the net amount column for a particular month or previous gives day.
Donations Made on or After Sept 1, 2022
For any donations made on or after September 1, 2022 you will see additional transaction details.
- The Amount field is what the donor entered as their original donation amount.
- The Transaction Fee Rate is the fee percentage that was applied. Donors are presented with a 3.99% fee. If they choose not to cover the fee only 2.05% is withheld from the donation.
- Transaction Fee Cost is the dollar value associated to the Transaction fee rate.
- Fees Covered indicates whether or not the donor chose to cover the fee.
- Covered Cost is the dollar value that the donor opted to cover.
- Net Cost is the fee amount that was withheld from the donation.
- Net Amount is the donation amount that will be included in the monthly disbursement.
You can still sum the net amount column to a particular month or gives day disbursement to see the total disbursement amount.